Brave rewards profile locked?

what is going on with Brave rewards? First i couldn’t get access my wallet due to the region locking thing that happened all of a sudden and now my brave rewards profile is flagged for whatever reason… Can’t be just me, fix this guys omg.

EDIT My account is back WHOOP

Some quick examples of things that often result in flagged accounts can be:

• Using a VPN, Proxy Server, or other such thing to hide or fake your location. This is because it can be seen as you trying to bypass ad restrictions. Remember, advertisers pay so content is shown to specific regions. When you appear to be in a region you’re not, it is taking advantage of the system to see ads and receive BAT you shouldn’t be getting.
  • Modifying folders. There are some things you’re encouraged to do but some people do dig deep and try modifying folders that affect your encryption key OR where Users think they can fool the system into thinking they’ve seen more ads or have more BAT in their browser than they really do. Whether intentional or accidental, messing with the wrong things will get your account flagged.
  • Your setup sends mixed information to Brave. For example, maybe you’re in the United States. Your IP address shows you in California, your language is English-IN, and your time zone is correct. This will tell Brave you should see ads from India but then it sees that you’re actually in California. At this point it will think you’re trying to trick the system to see more ads and might flag you. If nothing else, it can result in you not getting BAT for ads that you do see.
  • Cloning your browser. Some people have learned how to do unofficial backup & restore and have the “great idea” that they can make multiple copies of the same browser on different devices and then Verify them with a custodial wallet like Uphold or Gemini. The system recognizes this and will flag the account and prevent anything from happening. Of course, even if unintentional, creating two exact copies of the browser and encryption key will be seen as attempting to do this and will flag you. So never have two identical copies of the browser running.
  • Uphold or Gemini identifies your account as fraudulent and/or there’s a violation of laws.
  • Any other type of suspicious activity is recognized by the system or Brave staff.

That said, just like people, the system isn’t flawless and mistakes can happen. If you haven’t done anything wrong, you can always create a ticket

Raise a ticket at

1 Like

I’ve changed regions, but i don’t see why it’d be such a huge deal. We aren’t allowed to travel or something? And also why is the use of VPN not allowed? it’s not like people who use vpn do it for malicious purposes. To me this all sounds rather idiotic

VPN can be used to pretend you’re in the US and get the ads for US when you’re in some other region with less ads / less paying ads. There have been cases, so that is why…

I’m not saying that it can never happen but people also travel a lot, stuff happens. Anyway, i submited a ticket and we’ll see. hope they fix it. if not, besides the rewards i have no reason to use brave

There’s more privacy on Brave. But anyway, its your call.
This doesn’t have anything with going to other regions. The VPN part triggered this probably.

1 Like

But I never did it I m not in California I’m in Ogden Utah I never put it there and I cancelled my von when. I saw I could not use it I haven t got any rewards I did do slot of ads in the games is that why do I need to do more for this sorry thank u I just dumb

Or India either what should I do I don’t get it can u help

Umm, I dont understand a word you’re saying. well if you be a bit more spcific, maybe I could help you

happy birthday dude :DDD

1 Like

Hey, thanks so much!

1 Like

This has happened to me. Its a freaking joke. A privacy focused browser that discourages the use of vpn’s. Lol. I live in usa but i use vpn and because of that i am not eligible for brave rewards? What a joke. Its also impossible to get your account unflagged.

1 Like

ikr? it’s been more than a week for me, still nothing. not even a word from the ticket.

It’s probably because they have a lot of tickets or something. Generally, during this part of the month they get a lot Tickets because of Rewards and Creators payout and stuff. You’ll get a reply, that’s something I can say for sure.

1 Like

That’s because many people were abusing rewards by using VPN. They were trying to get ads which were not for their regions. That could even help sometimes get ads from other region where some ads are more paying BAT than your region. So that’s why they prohibit use of VPN if using Brave Rewards. You can use VPN if you are Tring to keep the location in the same country / Nation I guess. @SaltyBanana please advise…

1 Like

Hi @ShatteredGod welcome to Community,

Deepest apologies if you haven’t heard from us yet since you’ve submitted a ticket through our Support form.

As @SmartyAadi has mentioned, usually around this time we are working through several hundred tickets coming out of the Brave Rewards and Creators payout cycle. Once your ticket is next in the queue you will hear from us shortly.

We do ask for your patience and understanding at this time as we will get to your ticket soon as possible.

Thank you,
Saltybanana :banana:

1 Like

@SmartyAadi you summoned someone from support :open_mouth: thanks

and thank you @SaltyBanana i can wait, there’s no problem with that, just i hope this get fixed for us who didn’t abuse the ad system, at least not intentionally. Keep up the good work!

EDIT: Just noticed that i got a response from the ticket. my account is unflagged! LETS GOOO

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.