Brave not keeping saved passwords

Hey guys,

I am having an annoying problem and so is my sister. We need to use the sync but its not working correctly. It’s a pain in the ass. Some how the passwords don’t show and then everything stops syncing. Honestly, this is frustrating. How is it a good software has shitty support for this, not fixed the problem? I see you guys have had heaps of reports on this and you still have not fixed it.

How do I fix this? I have reinstalled the software heaps, I reinstalled windows, NOTHING WORKS!

@RogueMemory,
Thanks for reaching out. Can you clarify some things for me? Please answer for both you and your sister, if possible/applicable:

1. Are you saying that Brave isn’t saving passwords in the browser in general? That is, if you go to a site and login right now, you should see the browser ask if you want to save the password. Is this the feature you’re referring to when you say Brave is “not keeping passwords”?
  2. I hear you saying that you also are having an issue with Brave sync – is this a separate issue from the password issue, or are these two one and the same? If so, can you try and elaborate a bit on what happens when you try to initiate sync?
  3. Are you using Windows 10 or Windows 7 OS?
  4. Can you tell me what Brave version you’re using (Menu --> About Brave)?

Brave is up to date

Version 1.19.86 Chromium: 88.0.4324.96 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I am saying its saving but it does not stay there… it goes away and I have to keep importing the freaking passwords… I am sick of it. My sister is having the same problem on her PC too. I reinstalled windows last night.

1 Like

I am having the same issue. It started after 20H2 update on windows 10 Pro. I have rolled back the update and everything is fine again. I have reinstalled the update then completely remove brave, rebooted and reinstalled Brave. Passwords are saved for a short time then disappear.

I should note that Firefox is not affected.
Also HBO Max won’t stream on Brave, but will on Firefox.
HBO Max now streaming.

brave doesn’t save passwords on my device too please help devs

I have rolled back to 1909 and delayed feature updates for 365 days.
All is well.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.