Brave Nightly - country-already-declared error

Briefly describe your issue:

Following 2022-10-06 Brave Nightly update, I have a brave reward pop-up requesting I select my country.

When I select any country, I get the following error:

Something went wrong
It looks like a country has already been set. You can contact support for help.',

country-already-declared

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

Version 1.46.38 Chromium: 106.0.5249.103 (Official Build) nightly (64-bit)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? yes

What date did you verify your wallet?
2022-09-something

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes

Are you using a VPN?
No

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
NA

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
Yes.

1 Like

Umm not quite sure what’s happening there. Do you have your local language set in the phone settings, like if you’re in the US, then English - US?
Also this seems to be active in Github →

That’s the error I see indeed. What phone? I’m on Arch Linux. I install the Brave Nightly binaries from the Brave Nightly git repo.

I checked ~/.config/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser-Nightly/Default/ads_service for a country key I could set, but didn’t see anything relevant.

I’m wondering if I can edit the Ad service country manually to unbreak this behavior or something.

Umm. I’ll tag someone from brave’s team so you’ll get some solutions or more info atleast
@Mattches @SaltyBanana

I am experiencing the same issue as @gnufred. I am on macOS and Brave Nightly. I am trying to set my country to “Denmark” and receive the country-already-declared error as well.

Wait for some time. Since it seems to be an issue addressed on GitHub as well, it seems Brave will take note of this and fix it.

1 Like

Update →

Check the above page, Brave says they’ve added it recently in Brave nightly so probably explains why this bug’s there. Since its nightly, they expect people to report bugs and then they try to fix them before they roll out the original Brave.

1 Like

This issue isn’t addressed on GitHub. The GitHub issue is about a typo in the error message.

Oops sorry. Well, but it seems to be an issue for everyone anyway, since that person is receiving that error and he figured it has a typo in it as well

Seems unrelated to what you’ve posted here. I’m in a supported country in all cases. The error message is that my country is already set, not that the ads program isn’t supported in my country.

Well, as far as reporting issues with Brave nightly, isn’t that what I am doing here? Exactly because I want to contribute.

Read the whole thing, bud

• Moving forward, to begin or continue using Brave Rewards, users will need to declare their country. These changes are now in the Nightly version of Brave. that is what @chriscat said

But I cannot set it, because when I do, it throws an error.

@gnufred yeah, this is something that hopefully @SaltyBanana or @Evan123 can pop in to help with. I’ve noticed you’re not the only one, so might need to create a Github if it doesn’t already exist.

Other Topics opened on it:

1 Like

Just here to confirm that this is a known issue that the team is working on presently. Thank you all for your patience.

5 Likes

Thanks @Mattches I’m sure I can speak for everyone here that we appreciate you letting us know.

1 Like

Hello @Mattches any news about this issue?

1 Like

UPDATE:
This issue has been resolved. Please update your Nightly install and you should be able to select your country successfully.

Thank you.

Known issue that is being worked on presently: