Brave History "search" option covers the "Delete" button

Description:
In the Brave Browser History, I want to selectively delete certain entries, but the Delete button is covered by the colorful “search history” banner. If I click the “x” belonging to the “search history” banner, I see the “Delete” button for a second, but then it also goes away.

How to reproduce:

1. Browse to brave://history
  2. Use the Search icon at the far right
  3. Type a phrase that produces a few results in the History entries
  4. Select the checkboxes for one or more entries
  5. Notice the Delete button is not visible.
  6. Click the “search history” banner’s “x” button to dismiss the search feature
  7. For one second, you see the “Delete” option was simply covered up, but it disappears, too, since you dismissed the search option.

Expected result:
The “Delete” button for selected “search history” entries should be visible, not covered by the “search history” banner.

Brave Version:
Version 1.4.95 Chromium: 80.0.3987.122 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
None.

Thank you, in advance, for your assistance.

1 Like

Whilst I cannot access the Delete button in the UI due to being hidden, I discovered that using the keyboard “Delete” button will achieve my desired outcome.

This is also an issue I am seeing. I uploaded a picture of what the banner at the top of history looks like when I have an item from history selected. There’s no delete button available on the banner any more. The ‘x’ on the left side of the screen clears the current search term, and the ‘x’ on the right side of the screen exits the searching mode altogether.

My Brave browser is at “Version 1.5.123 Chromium: 80.0.3987.163 (Official Build) (64-bit)”.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.