Body Text Shrunk

Description of the issue:
The main body text of articles online has randomly decreased to a very small size. The header, footer, and all of the other surrounding text is normal sized. I made sure the Brave font size was set to default as shown in my third screenshot.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. Google search
  2. Click article
  3. See small body text

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
macOS Ventura 13.4.1
Chromium v1.56.14

Additional Information:
Opening up my desktop-based “MacGPT” app does not have the font issue.

Font issues in browsers are usually related to one of three things.

1. Adblocking settings: Particularly if you choose to aggressively block fingerprinting. This is because font is determined through fingerprinting.

2. Extensions, as updates are done to the browsers or extensions. Sometimes there can be inadvertent effects. Seeing how Brave is just recently done an update it could be just a conflict with the browser and one of your extensions if you’re using any.

3. Cookies, if any of them ended up messed up for one reason or another. I don’t have a good solid explanation for that but I do know that sometimes clearing cookies is enough to resolve issues for people.

There can be issues with changes in settings, flags, and stuff like that but I would start with those three areas. Can you test each one?

One of the easiest ways to test without going into leading a bunch of thing would be to initially open a private window and see if you still have an issue. The second wave to test would be to create a new browser profile using default settings and making sure not to add any extensions or anything to it.

Also, I just want to confirm, is this happening on all websites or is it only particular content?

The issue did not persist in a private window.

In a regular window, it’s happening on all websites.

I have not changed my adblocking settings in a long time, and I tried pausing it but the issue persisted. Clearing the cookies did not resolve the issue.

I have added a few extensions, but that was a couple of weeks ago. I have not really even use them since installing as I haven’t gotten around to.

99% of the time this suggests it’s an extension. You can try disabling them all and you should see the issue go away. Then can try to enable one at a time to see which one is causing problems.

1 Like

This did the trick. Tytyty!

Good to hear. If you want to share which extension you found as the culprit, it might help others if they experience the same problem. Also might be able to report it to them so it can be fixed.

I’m embarrassed to admit it, but the extension I was using was called TopCashBack

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.