Uphold no longer supported in my country from the 15 of August

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Version 1.27.111 Chromium: 92.0.4515.131 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no) Yes.

What date did you verify your wallet? last year.

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past? yes.

**Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)**no.

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?

My region will no longer be supported by uphold. That is why i want to know what to do.

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
yes.

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
yes.

My uphold account sent me an email saying I need to remove all my funds since they will be no longer supporting my country and I need help to know what to do now.

I would recommend you to open an account in Binance and get yourself verified.

Then go to uphold.com/dashboard and click on the BATs.
Then select the option “Send to Cyptocurrency” and select “XRP”.
Then open Binance and search for XRP and get the Destination Code.
Then come back to Uphold and paste the Destination Address there and send all the BATs to Binance.

2 Likes

that does not really help. It’s still using uphold. Since uphold will no longer be in my country, what will i do later when i try to access my brave rewards since brave only sends to uphold .

Dude, first transfer all the BATs out of your Uphold account from the method I gave above.

And Brave will be adding Gemini soon so you will be able to use Gemini instead of Uphold

1 Like

what about vpn?? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Where are you from?

… Filler to come over the minimum 20 character limit …m.

You can’t use a VPN. The Uphold account stores your Country settings and using a VPN won’t do anything since say if I use a US VPN and try to make a new account, it would ask me for US Documents and I live in a different country so I won’t be able to use my documents.

I did, I dont think Im that dumb to not understand. gemini will not be here any time soon and Uphold is closing in n the 15th of August.

@ha8k9 I think, if you disconnect your Uphold account from the browser then the next payment, the Bat should be claimable in the browser… not sure, @Mattches @GreenBananaPorridge can confirm if it is right or not

@ha8k9,
We will be adding gemini wallets in the next couple of browser updates. What @ItzMeRajat said is probably the easiest method to get your BAT into another safe wallet. For future earning, you can create and verify a Gemini account and when it becomes available, verify w/your browser.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.