Tab text light grey in Windows light mode

Description of the issue:
The text of unselected tabs is light grey in windows light mode in Windows 10, making it very difficult to read. See attached screenshot.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Go to Windows settings → personalization → colors and turn on / select “Light” under “Choose your color”
  2. Unselected tabs’ text appears light grey on a light background, making it very hard to read.

Expected result:
Text would be a darker color to stand out against the white background

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.37.111 Chromium: 100.0.4896.79 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
I am using Auto Dark Mode app from the Windows store to automatically change from light to dark mode at certain times, but Brave seemed to play nicely with it up until recently so I don’t think this has anything to do with it. The behavior still persists when I change settings in Windows Settings, adding to my doubt that Auto Dark Mode has anything to do with it.

This is recent behavior – Brave used to color tab text appropriately. It only started occurring over the past few days.

Rebooting the computer doesn’t seem to fix it.

I also have three profiles in Brave, and this behavior occurs under all three profiles.

Finally, I had trouble in the past with Google Meet video that I reported in Brave’s Community previously. Trying to fix this issue led me to set my “Choose ANGLE graphics backend” flag to D3D11 since this combined with keeping hardware acceleration on is the only thing that allows Google Meet to play nicely with Brave. Don’t know if this is helpful.

Try this. Titles of Tabs Unreadable

Issue report has been opened, no movement yet.
(Windows only) Text in tab bar is sometimes unreadable depending on brave colors and windows accent color

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.