Most sites in iOS app don’t work properly even with shields off

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:
Since a recent iOS app update, most sites do not function properly even with shields down. I just updated to the most recent version of Brave (1.23.1) and this is still a problem. I even have to report this issue using Safari because community.brave.com won’t work even with Shields down.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. I’m using Brave for iOS. community.Brave.com won’t work because it needs cookies enabled. I turn shields off, still doesn’t work. A lot of sites just don’t work with shields on or off.

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Mobile Device details
iPhone 11 running iOS 14.4

Additional Information:
Brave is my preferred browser but if something doesn’t get fixed I’ll be moving on.

@Mattches or another support person, please take a look at this? Even with shields down, most sites in Brave are unusable. I’ll be switching to another browser soon if something doesn’t change.

@cahalpin,
Thank you for reaching out. Can you be a bit more specific when you say that the sites “don’t work”? Do you mean that they fail to render entirely? Do they timeout or display some sort of error message?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.