Connection issues after upgrade to MacOS Big Sur 11.0.1

After upgrading to MacOS Big Sur 11.0.1, I began having frequent connection issues, mostly “Your connection was interrupted” and occasional 404 and 503 errors) In most cases, the page loads after a few second, but sometimes I have to refresh the page. Sometimes, only a portion of the page loads at first. It almost seems CDN related.

Currently on Version 1.17.73 Chromium: 87.0.4280.67 (Official Build) (x86_64)
Using Mullvad VPN, uBlock Origin, Privacy Badger, Aggressive tracker/ad blocking, and strict fingerprint blocking. (Same settings as before upgrade without any issues). When I first installed Big Sur, I had Little snitch installed. I then update it to the Big Sur version, then uninstalled it on the assumption that it was causing the connect issues.

The connection issues do not occur in similarly-configured Firefox or Safari.

Has anyone else had similar connection issues after upgrade to Big Sur?

I have to say, I’m pretty disappointed in the lack of support here.

I’ve tried completely uninstalling Brave, deleting the settings, rebooting, and reinstalling. Even without any extensions, the connection problems persist. The same sites load just fine in Safari and Firefox.

I guess I’m done with Brave, at least on my Mac. I’m uninstalling it permanently.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.