Closing the Brave browser closes all of the opened and pinned tabs, with the option "Continue where I left off" checkeced in the settings

As of this week, don’t know which day exactly, I noticed that all of the tabs I have pinned started disappearing and I’d have to CTRL-SHIFT-T them back into existence.

I’ve now discerned that closing the Brave browser (by pressing the X in the top right corner) closes all of the open and pinned tabs.

Tabs should not be disappearing as I have the “Continue where I’ve left off” option checked in the settings.

Version 1.22.71 Chromium: 89.0.4389.114 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hi, @Gandeloft, the most recent thread I found on this issue is "Continue where you left off" again not working - #2 by Mattches You can read through it, try some of Support’s suggestions. The OP just kind of stopped remarking, so I don’t know how/ if it was resolved for them. If there’s been some update on a fix, or a fix in the works, @Mattches may drop by, too. Good luck :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

@Gandeloft,
As @saereV mentions, please check the similar thread for some additional troubleshooting steps to try.

Off the top of my head, the first things I would check are:

1. Do you have any data set to be cleared “on exit” (Settings --> History --> Clear browsing data --> [On exit]?
  2. Do you have any extensions installed in the browser at this time?
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.