Description of the issue:
When using canvas.toDataURL(“image/png”), noise is introduced in the resulting data.
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):
- Set up a canvas element and an img element
- Fill it with a color (I used rgb(128,0,0))
- run img.src = canvas.toDataURL(“image/png”)
- Screenshot the result, and explore in an image editor
Most pixels are the correct rgb(128,0,0), other are (for me*) rgb(128,1,0).
Example code at jsfiddle:
The same, but without the errant noise.
Reproduces how often:
100% of the time.
Operating System and Brave Version(See the
About Brave page in the main menu):
Brave Version 1.7.98 Chromium: 81.0.4044.113 (Official Build) (64-bit)
* I have reason to believe that at least one user of my site had their results introduce noise in the blue channel, rather than green, so ymmv.