ZDNet France: missing the tables

Hi. Thanks for your help.

Description of the issue:
Brave removes the tables that display the product’s visual in the heart of the article and its online price. Yet these are useful and necessary pieces of information.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
open this page https://www.zdnet.fr/guide-achat/test-raspberry-pi-5-bien-plus-puissant-que-le-pi-4-mais-il-a-un-probleme-39962424.htm

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
On this page: https://www.zdnet.fr/guide-achat/test-raspberry-pi-5-bien-plus-puissant-que-le-pi-4-mais-il-a-un-probleme-39962424.htm,

this table is removed on Brave.

Expected result:
Display this table on Brave pages. (NB: I have noticed that similar tables on other sites are also removed in the same way, though I have not noted the addresses).
This forces me to reload the article in another browser to get the complete information and retrieve the truncated data.

Reproduces how often:
It’s systematic.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Captured on Android, Brave 1,60,118

Additional Information:
ZDNet earns affiliate revenue from it, but it doesn’t violate anything. The information on product availability and price is useful and necessary for the article. This makes Brave less usable from a source like Google News, as you can’t tell if the article offered will be complete under Brave.

please up?
have you ckecked the problem please. Thanks a lot.

Which “table” is missing? Not sure what I’m looking for here

the price table, the one under the paragraph

I think @Butaze might be referring to the Amazon ad banner for the product.

Butaze, if that is what you mean, then likely should be blocked. You can always remove Shields for it on that site if you’d like. Otherwise they could add links to it in their article. But to have banners display, this is something that adblock is against and people don’t want to see. Not to mention it can be a privacy issue

adblock lets these tables in fact. It’s not an amazon banner, it’s a daynamic table. You can can have here different shops, not only amazon.

Screen Shot 2023-11-30 at 15.00.24 PM

I think it’s usefull to see where the product in the review is available, it’s price. It present also other pictures of the product.

Adding into brave://adblock (custom rules): Will fix it. Technically an advert, can see why its blocked.

@@||googletagmanager.com/gtm.js$script,domain=zdnet.fr
@@||sc.azz.ninja/azz.js$script,domain=zdnet.fr

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.