Youtube wont load in Brave browser. Also cant update Brave. Im on Windows 7

@1776freedom2A,
Apologies I intended to send it in my previous reply:

Make sure you’re getting the right version – 32bit vs 64bit depending on what you’re running on your PC at this time.

@Mattches I cleared all caches (I do this for most data upon exit anyway) and I disabled all third party extensions, then restarted Brave. No change. The Private Browsing window however still works OK, so I’m functional. I have rebooted the Mac Mini twice as well, just in case. This all started when I exited Brave and it automatically installed v1.18.78 upon restart this morning. I don’t recall what version I had before this, but it worked fine. Thanks.

Screenshot of the issue? (when youtube won’t load)

@Mattches You were correct. It was data, a cookie. I resisted deleting all cookies because of the headache. Then looked up how to edit each one individually. Killed only Google and YouTube cookies and now it’s back to normal. Thanks for your assistance and I hope this helps others with the same issue.

i downloaded and installed BraveBrowserStandaloneSetup.exe but still same issues as above
When I go to youtube, the thumbnails/images dont load and it wont play a video

@1776freedom2A,
At least you got the browser installed.
Please take the same steps I suggested to @ChiTim to test and see what is wrong. Start by open Youtube in a Private window – does it open/display normally?

nothing loads except text on the page
heres screenshot https://ibb.co/SKk4srg
and it says its not secure

@1776freedom2A,
That’s very strange – are you using a VPN while browsing? Additionally, can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings to see if this resolves the issue?
You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

no im not using a VPN. The ` Hardware Acceleration is disabled. No change . Also tried new private window, same thing

The interesting thing, the screenshot is showing non-https for youtube. I would re-test Brave in a new profile.

what do you mean by test in a new profile? I dont have any profile. Im not signed into anything. Also im limited on my responses its not letting me post except 1 per hour

From the Brave menu, “Create a new Profile”

i dont have any profile

Create a new profile and re-test youtube.com

I created a new profile and still the same, but now it wont load the page at all. the error i get is

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.youtube.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

Interesting, does Install Brave Beta https://brave.com/download-beta/ ? if it still occurs it maybe system related

i dont have the secure problem in firefox

@1776freedom2A,
I lifted the post rate limiting for you at this time. Also, when you created the new profile to test, did you close the initial profile window you had open? If not retest under those conditions.

yes i did close the other window with only the new profile window open. i also tried to download that beta link but the download failed

It’s most likely the system

1. Clear cookies and cache in Brave (as a start)
  2. Check your date and time, (make sure date/year is correct)
  3. Change DNS providers
  4. Disabling VPN/Anti-virus/firewalls.
  5. Maybe restart the PC, and ensure you’re up to date with OS updates