Youtube videos and godlikeproductions.com

A quick question…

Youtube videos and www.godlikeproductions.com, a CT site, used to work perfectly together. All ads were filtered out nicely.

Now with the latest upgrade, the only way I can see embedded Youtube videos on the site- is if the shield is turned off.

Thank You.

Hi @markjs

Can you confirm your OS and Brave version?

Can you also let me know if you tried the steps from here, and if not, could you give them a try and see if it resolves the issue?

Thanks!

Thank you for your quick reply.

Brave vrs, etc.
Brave 0.13.2
rev 25b1199
Muon 2.0.19
libchromiumcontent 54.0.2840.100
V8 5.4.500.41
Node.js 7.0.0
Update Channel dev
os.platform win32
os.release 10.0.14393
os.arch x64

I tried logging off of google, on… personalized ads on, then off… No change.

I still see black squares in www.godlikeproductions.com, where Youtube videos were embedded and displayed in the past.

Now all of them are black squares. To see them now, I have to turn shield off… which obviously makes all the ads on the site display as well.

ETA: I switched on ‘clear cache’ ‘clear cookies’ when I close Brave. Closed, then reopened.

Better news: I now have a frown on the Youtube videos, and a message that says that Javascript should be enabled.

Thanks for the info @markjs!

I’m going to investigate this one a little bit, and see if there’s anything we can do to keep the functionality in place, without allowing YT to serve ads.

The YT player is a bit of a moving target as they keep integrating ad calls into content, but I want to make sure we can not have any functionality loss, if possible.

Are you able to see the same video from the link to watch in Youtube?

I’ll let you know what I’m able to find out when I take a look too.

As I mentioned, the embedded Youtube video square now shows a frowning icon, and has the link to the supressed video.

To answer your question, yes. In a new tab. But I have to click on the red circle right of the address bar, when it’s opened at the new tab- to play them.

Thank you for looking into this.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.