Youtube video should not start playing on tab preview

If you go to YouTube and then right clicking on a video to open it in a new tab, the tab should not start the video if you hover over the tab but it should start playing when you click on the tab :+1: This is a pretty big deal for me since I always open videos in new tabs :sweat_smile:

Personally I think video should ever play (or even buffer) until I click the play button.

There is a pull request that fixes it ant if it works well it should disable auto play :wink:
Looks like it will be in 0.15.2 if all goes well :+1: @mviesel ttps://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/pull/8609

Anyone know what became of this? Iโ€™m new to the browser and love tab preview except for videos autoplaying on tab preview. If I close a tab, the next one might preview and triggers the YT video on that tab.

Is there a way to disable autoplay for tab preview that I havenโ€™t found yet? I donโ€™t want to disable global autoplay for the site.

Same question. Any word on this fix?
Auto playing video in a tab created from the [right click] [Open Link in New Tab] is disruptive to browsing experience. I have to implicitly open the YouTube tab to stop the video. Sometimes I just brush over a tab to select another part of browser, such as bookmarks to have a video auto starting, then have to search for the tab in question to terminate it.
Apparently unless I am mistaken, this feature was added and then removed again?

@bsclifton deleted the disable-autoplay branch on May 22

Sorry forgot about this totally will create an issue on GitHub, I was wrong about auto play it does not fix this. :sweat_smile:

Deleting a branch can be done when the code has been merged to master so the feature in the above comment is still available :slightly_smiling_face:

Sorry for forgetting this but I will make that issue on GitHub for all of you guys and me :slightly_smiling_face::wink:

Here is the issue for you: :wink:

I added to the issue that you guys requested the same thing :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.