Youtube video doesn't work on my site

My Wordpress site features a full-width video in the header. The video automatically plays in other browsers but won’t do so in my Brave desktop browser. Instead, it shows the backup static image when video is not available.

1. visit this site: https://oculisdesign.com/
  2. scroll down (usually not necessary)
  3. video usually starts to play (with sound)

Video should play, but instead there’s the static image which appears when video doesn’t display.

Version 1.1.23 Chromium: 79.0.3945.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I’ve tried changing the Flash settings and Site-Isolation flags. Neither remedies the problem so I reverted to the default settings. Thanks for your help!

I just tested this, the video auto-played for me. Could you clear the cache/settings? maybe also in private mode?

It could be an issue with your connection. Make sure you can still access other websites normally.

Hi fanboynz, and thank you for responding. I just cleared the cached data and also tried private mode but the video won’t auto-play for me in Brave.

Thanks for your response. I can browse this and apparently all sites, including Youtube itself. In terms of a connection issue, what would you suggest?

@MGC,
Do you have autoplay set to Blocked on the site by chance? The video will not play – especially if there’s no play button – if you have it set to blocked.

Yay, Mattches! That worked! Thank you very much and Happy New Year! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re very welcome – happy new year to you as well :slight_smile: