Youtube video buffering endlessly

Hi there,

for about two days I’ve had the issue that no video on Youtube seems to be playing on the browser. The site loads just fine, but instead of a video I get a buffering symbol which doesn’t stop. So far I’ve had no success in resolving the problem.

After doing the usual troubleshooting (restarting the browser, restarting my computer, clearing cache) had no effect I looked into it and have tried the following - also to no avail:

1. Went to settings - system - disabled graphics accelaration and restarted the browser.
  2. Went to brave://flags - disabled hardware acceleration for decoding video. In another attempt disabled basically everything on the list that had “hardware acceleration” in its description.

Other browsers running Chromium don’t seem to have this problem. I’ve tried with Opera that I had already installed previously.

What can I do?

Hello, I’ve been having the same issue. The video loads in Incognito mode, and on other browsers though.
I tried to use User-Agent Switcher and it didn’t work either.
I really like having Brave as my main browser but this is a huge issue to me.

Thank you in advance for anyone helping.

Yes, having the same issue, as you can see here. @fanboynz dropped some code to try, but I think that code was more suited to issues of ads showing up.

Try a Private window - I’m able to play YT videos with no trouble in Private.

Thank you for an update unfortunately it doesnt work.
Still loading only in private mode.

I’ve tried running it in private mode - which worked, just like with the people replying. All of a sudden, the main browser also plays video.

Don’t know if there’s been an update, but I’m happy it’s working again.

1 Like

Same it’s fixed for me too. Hopefully it’s fixed for all of us.