YouTube thinks I have my adblock enabled even if I turn it off

Description of the issue: After YouTube changing its ad policy, I can’t watch any video. They forced me to disable the adblock, I did so but YouTube still thinks it’s on and doesn’t let me watch anything. Refreshing the website multiple times works on some videos but it’s a rare situation. I don’t use any other adblocker extension, only built-in Brave sheilds.

Exact URL of the website in question: https://www.youtube.com/

Screenshot of the problem that appears in Brave:

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no) Yes

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off? No

Does the ad appear when using a Private window as well? (yes/no) Yes, just as it’s supposed to

What OS are you using when you see the ad? Windows 10 (22H2)

Brave version (check About Brave): v1.59.120

@AlerGeek,
Please update your browser to the latest release and you should be good to go.

I’m having the exact same issue. I checked and my browser is fully up to date, and Youtube still thinks I’m using an adblocker even though I’ve turned it off.

1 Like

Do you have any other extensions installed in the browser at this time?

I have the same issue. It doesn’t happen in every video. Often, I will see multiple videos I want to open on my home screen and so I start loading them in new tabs. As I cycle through the tabs, some videos will play and others will say I had ad block and won’t play the video. I have disabled Brave Shield, I have no other ad block extension, and even with all extensions off it still occurs.

My latest Versin is like below. now i don’t have problem with youtube ads
Brave Browser v1.60.110

and check < brave://components/ >
Brave Ad Block First Party Filters v.1.0.46
Brave Ad Block Updater v.1.0.2087

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.