YouTube Playback error when loading videos with preroll ads

Hello, every time I click on a YouTube video that natively has a preroll ad before the actual video starts, I get this error message. The reason I know why it’s only for preroll ads is that if there’s a 5-second ad, the error message goes away after the ad is finished and the video starts auto-playing after that.

I already tried this fix but didn’t change anything.

Default Shield settings for YouTube. Disabled All other Addons that access YouTube (TubeBuddy, Improve YouTube!). The issue is still there when in Incognito. With Shields turned off I get normal ads and everything works fine.

YouTube works completely fine when using regular Chrome.

Brave Version: Version 1.5.113 Chromium: 80.0.3987.149 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Thanks for your help in advance.

@aws,
Thank you for your thorough report!
I’ve certainly seen this issue before but I’m not sure we have a consistent solution. I would, however, recommend trying to clear the cache/site data for YouTube and trying again. Lock icon --> Site Settings --> Clear data

Not a brave Specific issue, has been report on other browsers.

Which country/region are you from @aws ? I can re-test it

Thank you for your help! Worked for a couple of hours, since then I started getting the error messages again. @Mattches

I’m from Austria. Would be great. @fanboynz

Nothing so far… just clicking on various links from Youtube Austria (see Screenshots)

If you can test; (2/3 theories), might be GPU/Graphics related.:

1. Re-install your graphics (AMD/Nvidia) drivers, just get the latest.
  2. Restart the PC, and test again.
  3. Test Brave with Hardware Acceleration = off
  4. Turn off personalized ads on https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads

Cookies:

1. Clear the Cookies
  2. Test Brave with Hardware Acceleration = off
  3. Turn off personalized ads on https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads
  4. Re-login to Youtube
  5. Test.

New profile (while Brave isn’t running):

1. Backup your brave profile (just rename the Brave-Browser folder) %userprofile%\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware
  2. Run Brave again for the first time
  3. Don’t install any extensions
  4. Turn off personalized ads on https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads
  5. Visit Youtube for the next few hours to test.

hings you can do to reduce this issue on your side (not related to uBO):

Try a few things above, see if you get any results @aws

1 Like

The issue seems to be on and off for me. Sometimes the message comes up, other times I never see it. Maybe it really is on Youtube’s end.

@fanboynz @Autofanactic7 I tried a few things, worked for a couple of hours then got the error messages again. Seems to be on YouTube’s End.

1 Like

I am also experiencing issues with YouTube, running Brave [Version 1.5.115 Chromium: 80.0.3987.149 (Official Build) (64-bit),using several add-ons and I am on Macbook - Catalina.

I get - An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID: nbVD_BHUikG3L1vr) from YouTube.
As long as other browsers are experiencing it too, it means its a YouTube problem then

Correct, some of these issues are on Youtube side. I rolled out some fixes recently for YT ads (in the next 24-48hrs)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.