Youtube or Brave forgetting?

I don’t know if it’s YT or Brave forgetting, but every time I visit YT, I have to turn Dark Theme back on, disable Always show captions, and turn off auto play. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Hi @LoneStrider

Do you clear any data on exit? You’d check this in Preferences > Security.

Thanks,
Lauren

Download History. I used to delete browsing history to, until I realized that, it was the reason my new tab pins kept resetting to default brave links.

Interesting, I haven’t reproduced the issue so I’d like to gather some additional information if you don’t mind sharing:

1. what are your OS and Brave versions?
  2. could you navigate to youtube, click on the lion in the upper right corner, and share a screenshot of your shields for this page? (you can crop out any video specific details you don’t wish to share)

Best,
Lauren

Also it resets my sub layout, when you click I use the list but it always resets to the rows.

Brave 0.21.18
V8 6.4.388.41
rev 580be78
Muon 4.8.2
OS Release 10.0.16299
Update Channel Release
OS Architecture x64
OS Platform Microsoft Windows
Node.js 7.9.0
Brave Sync v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent 64.0.3282.140

Also, when I have multiple tabs open, and close one it jumps 2 tabs, instead of just the next in line.

re: the tab closing item, what’s your setting in Preferences > Tabs for ‘When closing an active tab’? Could you try selecting ‘Select the next tab’ and see if that solves this issue?

Lauren

That’s what I have had it set to. It if it can go 2 tabs forward it does, but going backwards it goes to the immediate tab behind it. I’m not sure if i’m explaining this clearly.

Also why is it when you minimize the browser, then proceed to unminimize it, all the tabs audio and videos start playing?

Issue logged for tabs reloading after Brave has been minimized: https://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/issues/8749

In regards to what you’re seeing with the tab going backwards, could you try recording what you’re seeing using Licecap? (https://www.cockos.com/licecap/) - it’s free to download and use.

Lauren

What I mean by going backwards is it actually works properly. Going foward is the issue.

You need to enable 3rd Party cookies and not clear cookies on exit for the settings to be retained across session.

This is slated to be fixed for 0.22.x release. Here’s the issue for reference

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.