YouTube notifications no longer working

@fedup,
You’re absolutely right. Notification issues are one of my personal least favorite issues for that exact reason :stuck_out_tongue:

That said, I’m going to go ahead and run some tests on my Windows machine and see if I can nail down what the exact behavior is. I do apologize for the hassle.

I briefly set “chrome notification action center” in Chrome://flags to “Default” from ON and relaunched Brave. Since I did that I missed 3 different YouTube notifications in Brave Beta which the YouTube app on iOS pushed to me on iOS without issues.

I am about to give up on YouTube notifications working in Brave properly. They seem to working properly. I got the Banner popup. If I was not in front of the computer or if I did not click on the banner then then notification automatically showed up in Windows 10 Action Center. All was good until several hours later when I went to YouTube to discover that I had missed 3 live streams. Overnight there were several creators posting new content none of which I received a notification banner or Action Center notification.

What make this issue so darn frustrating is that its seems to be working fine then whamo it isn’t and nothing has changed on my end. I don’t know if its something in Brave or whether Google / YouTube simply can not get their act together. I just find it strange that notifications seem to work fine on iOS and YouTube app. The problem is I use my Windows 10 desktop for the majority of the time not iOS.

I switched over to Google Chrome browser Version 80.0.3987.122 (Official Build) (64-bit) was logged into Youtube and left browser open, Came home to find that in WIndows10 Action Center a notice “this site has been updated in the background” . Not one of the notifications that should of appeared from YouTube made it to Action Center. This is even though Chrome like Brave has notfication Banners and Action Center enabled and Chrome has allowed notifications on YouTube.com

My thinking is Youtube notifications are royally screwed up on Windows 10.

1 Like

Still on Chrome here, albeit I went back to Brave for a day where some notifications did not appear to show up. I would like to see one browser consistently show notifications for all Youtube subscriptions when all notifications is enabled for the provider. It is difficult to determine whether the inconsistency I am seeing is browser, Windows10 or YouTube related. At his stage I am leaning towards YouTube as their notifications has been known to be buggy.

1 Like

Me too, I don`t receive notifications, none from YouTube, but neither from Gmail, but the notifications work, i did that with that web, bennish

1 Like

Hllo @Andrei.T and all. If want to have notifications from YouTube try this. Go to “Settings” of Brave then “Additional settings” and put “on” “Use google services for push messaging”. See screenshot:

Hope this helps.

I already had that enabled. What seems to have helped is to disable the option in WIndows 10 notifications in Settings to display notifications from Brave as “Show Notifications banner”. I only have “Show Notifications in Action Center”. That way I can see all of the notifications for a period without having them disappear which happens when “Show Notifications banner” is enabled for Brave. The only problem is that I never see a popup and have to pay attention to the sound for the notification and the Action Center icon.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.