Youtube loses dark theme when restart browser

My youtube dark theme is turned off every time the browser restarts.

Hi @zackwong,

Please try adjusting your per site shields settings. When you’re on YouTube, click Brave icon at top right. Under Cookies control change the setting to Allow all cookies and see if it’s can help.

Thanks,
:slight_smile:

I think that is normal behaviour of the youtube dark mode in any browser.

No it’s not. Since switching to Brave, this is the first time I’ve had to think about turning it back on, let alone every time. All the while I was using Chrome and then Waterfox, I only had to switch it on once, then I could forget about it forever.

To get the dropdown menu with the dark theme switch, I had to put the shields down, reload YT, click on the YT avatar again. Changing the Cookies setting did not work.

If anyone here is still experiencing this issue it’s likely because you’re still using the Muon build of Brave (v0.25.2). If you’re unaware, as we move closer to 1.0 release in November, we’re pushing our users to get a head start and switch over to the Beta Build.

A ton of bug fixes, supports extensions and other functionalities not possible in Muon, and your YouTube theme won’t change on you :slight_smile:

Here are some links to get you started for anyone interested:
Brave Beta Download
Official Beta Announcement
Brave Beta Support here in Community

Getting strange screen errors such as purple/missing text, green blocks appearing on sites, and disappearing buttons
Https://www.debenhams.com/ infinite reload
Cannot scroll menu past window border