Youtube is broken depending on the account signed in

It all started when I was in a discord call, I was streaming my screen and when i closed the stream i got a blue screen (This happened 2 times in this week because of discord.) After that I restarted. Opened my laptop and bring back the apps that was opened earlier like brave. However this time there’s things that kept happening on my youtube

Things like:
-Black Screen until cleared cookies and data/restart the page
-Comments will not load, it’s just showing the circle loading animation
-If I try to search in the youtube search bar, I hit enter but noting happens
-Whenever I press my channel, it says “Unavailable Offline”
-Whenever I try to move to another video it says that I don’t have the connection

I managed to fix all of this by changing accounts, I have 3 accounts in total.
2 of them had the same problem but 1 that is working good and well but I need the other 2 because I upload content on youtube

I can assure you this has nothing to do with my connection (atleast i think) because I tried other browsers, they all work good, even with youtube, any page i go in brave is also good but not youtube.

I also tried full uninstalling and installing brave, updated my drivers and restarted it a couple of times

Any solution to fix on this?

Update: I managed to make it working!

Apparently it was Brave Shield that was causing the problem, I think I’ll go ahead and report this on brave then?

@Yupia I have some questions for you

• What OS are you using? (such as Windows 11, Android 12, etc)

• What version of Brave are you using?

• What settings for Shields were you using?

• Had you tried removing extensions?

Windows 7

Brave 1.47.186

Only the Upgrade connections to HTTPS, but no matter setting it was, it is still the same as long as the shield is on

I have no extensions

@Yupia ah, you may be experiencing issues relating to On Youtube.com brave blocks the videos not only the ads - #35 by fanboynz

I believe if you go to brave://components and update Brave Ad Block Updater you may see it resolved based on feedback from others. However, it’s not a guarantee.

That said, I want you to remember that Windows 7 is no longer supported. The scripts and code being used by both websites and Brave are changing. There will come a time, if it’s not already here, where there just won’t be any fixes or support. I highly encourage you update your OS. Whether you go to Linux, update to higher version of Windows, or something else.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.