Youtube, gmail, google and uphold wallet wont load. Can get them all but uphold to load in tor browser

Ever since a few days ago youtube wont load, it says no internet connection but I can connect to binance, twitter, instagram and some other sites. Gmail wont load. If I search anything in the search bar it wont load, I keep getting ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT. Duckduckgo works though. When I click on the bat rewards settings to log into uphold wallet that wont load either, the uphold logo loading symbol just continues to load indefinitely. However if I load youtube, gmail and google in a tor window everything works fine.

Type in anything to the search bar nothing loads. Not sure what other steps I should identify here.

I’m expecting everything to load normally like it was a week ago.

It has been happening consistently since the problem started.

Version 1.45.118 Chromium: 107.0.5304.91 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I’m not seeing this behavior on my end on macOS or Windows systems. Can you try clearing cache/data for google and then testing again to see if the site loads?

I’ve tried clearing cache and data in my browsing history and the problem persists. Is cache/data for google different than browsing history?

Apologies, I should have been more specific.

It may be worth it to simply clear you cache/data for all time (for all sites, you can keep things like sign-in data and autofill form data though). However if you’d rather not do this, you can try the following:

1. Visit gmail.com/youtube/etc.
  2. Click the “lock” icon in the address bar
  3. Then go to Site settings --> Clear data

Note that you’d have to do the above for each site affected, but this will clear cache and cookies for the site.

You can also clear individual cookies for these (or any) site by:

1. Going to Settings
  2. Then Privacy & Security --> Cookies and other site data
  3. Search for cookies from the relevant sites and click the “trash” icon next to them to delete them.

I personally recommend trying the first option (using the “lock” icon) if you’re not willing to fully clear your data at this time.

I’ve just tried this and the sites still aren’t working. Really makes no sense because twitter works, instagram, binance, mexc, poocoin, marketwatch, cmc all still work fine.

Also uphold wont work for me either it has disconnected me from being auto signed in. After loading for about a minute or two, the login page loads, and when I type in my email and password clicking next does nothing. So I cant access my brave rewards. I appreciate your response but at this point I cant figure out what’s gone wrong. Though youtube and gmail will work fine in a brave tor browser.

Would you mind creating a new browser profile and testing to see whether or not these sites load when using it?

A made a new one and still have the same problem with google accounts and gmail. Youtube is working now after I changed the DNS settings to openDNS instead of “automatically assign DNS settings”. I was hoping that would fix the problem for everything. Youtube loads now but I cant sign in to my account because its through google. At this point I have no idea what’s doing this. Uphold still wont sign in.

1 Like

Thank you for the info and for testing. Asking some team members for additional input — appreciate your patience.

does the same issue show up on Chrome? Would test in Brave beta (which creates a separate profile). Just test google here as an example.

Im not able to get on to anything google related. Since I dont have google chrome already downloaded I cant download it because I cant access any google sites. The only chromium browser I have is brave browser. I downloaded brave beta and tested it on there and im still having the same issue.

I dont believe It’s problem solely with brave because I’m having the same issue on microsoft edge where I cant access google, gmail or youtube.

Do you have another computer to test? also does just restarting the PC help?

I dont have another computer, no, but my phone still works fine and I can access google and everything on there. I’ve restarted my PC multiple times so far.

Something on the computer causing issues, maybe scan with Malwarebytes?

https://www.malwarebytes.com/api/downloads/mb-windows?filename=MBSetup-37335.37335.exe (Direct link)

I was thinking this may be whats causing it, but I scanned my PC with malwarebytes and it came up clean.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.