Youtube comments loading but not displaying

Description of the issue:
Comments on Youtube are loading, but not being displayed (see screenshot). Please note that this is a different issue than the one resolved earlier today at

How can this issue be reproduced?
It happens for me whenever I visit a Youtube video. None of the suggestions advanced for previous reports of issues with Youtube comments (clearing site data, deleting cookies, opening Youtube in a private window) have had any effect on the issue. I have Brave installed on three desktops. One runs Windows 7 and the other two run Windows 10. The Windows 7 machine and one Windows 10 machine have the issue.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
[Version 1.9.72 Chromium: 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)]

Additional Information:

@fanboynz, tagging you because you were involved with the earlier issue

For Chrome (and possibly other browsers) still applicable. Not sure what causes it.

@fanboynz The video you linked is not applicable as it does not describe my problem, nor do the solutions offered within solve it. That video shows an endless spinner. As my screenshot shows, I don’t get that spinner; instead, I get a list of blank comments.

I loaded the YT link you screenshot’d. In 3 versions of Brave, no extensions. all loaded comments (and kept loading). Possibly an extension causing an issue? I would try a new profile as a test. Also try from another VPN location if you have access to a VPN)

The similar issue with an endless spinner is indeed solvable by occasionally clearing site data under brave://settings/siteData --> typing youtube --> Remove All Shown as opposed to Lock icon --> Site Settings --> Clear data

The @kengle one appears to be variation of this in that the end result is the same (can’t read the comments), but with different characteristics (the profiles pictures are shown). People tend to experience both types from what I’ve seen. I’ve personally only encountered one with the spinner.

1 Like

I performed all suggested workarounds with all extensions disabled and it hasn’t helped.

I’ve tried with a new profile twice. It didn’t work the first time and did the second. So am I supposed to export and import all my bookmarks and cookie and hope the new profile doesn’t start with the same behavior? I mean, that barely counts as a workaround, let alone a fix.

I don’t have a VPN available, unfortunately

I’ve encountered the spinner issue as well, on a different profile. Clearing site data did resolve it

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.