Youtube Clips will stop when I set a new Volume

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Description of the issue:

Video on youtube stops when i adjust the volume.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. stop autoplay (in the brave settings i guess it was)
  2. open youtube
  3. play a video - change the Volume → video stops

Expected result:

Video should continue playing after just adjusting the volume

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Brave is up to date

Version 1.35.101 Chromium: 98.0.4758.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

(I waited since I started using this browser several months ago, cause I thought it would be fixed at some point for sure but it still is there, annoying probably not only me :smiley: )

@timofuturum,
Thank you for reaching out. This is actually a known issue that appears to be caused when Autoplay is disabled for the site:

Can you try enabling Autoplay and tell me whether or not the issue persists?

1 Like

Hi, I’ve been having the same issue. I turn autoplay to OFF, and then whenever I adjust the volume of a youtube or twitch video, it pauses. Turning autoplay back ON fixes the issue (but of course videos are now autoplaying which I hate).

There are reports of this as far back as December 2020, but I haven’t found a fix other than to install a third-party extension and not turn off autoplay in Brave.

Mac OS (Big Sur)
Brave V1.36.112 (Mar 10, 2022) - current version as of today

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.