YouTube Aggregated issue (Merged Topic)

@Mellifleur did you follow instructions and update Brave Ad Block Updater and all in brave://components?

Also be advised of everything in my original topic in regards to extensions you’re using and that you may need to clear cookies/cache.

1 Like

I see, i had underestimated the clearing of cookies

3 Likes

Based, thank you kindly!

This issue has risen again. kindly look into it.
Thank you.

When you merge topics, please leave a message at the end of the closed topics that there is a new thread going on that addresses same issue, and that the thread is getting merged.

Hello Sir,
Does this extension REMOVAL advice, include the Malwarebytes Browser Guard?
Thank you in advance.

I fear that’s not included in the brave browser.

@UKGeezer Possibly. It definitely has an ad blocker as part of it, and therefore might trigger YouTube’s detection. So the safest bet would be to remove it. But at a minimum, you might want to at least disable the ad block options within the extension settings.

Date: 11th of January, 2024
Time: 7:55 PM CET

While I was watching something on YouTube, it suddenly stopped working.
I have no extensions installed, and my Brave browser is up to date.
How do I resolve this?

2 Likes

Looks like Youtube updated their detection. We are going to have to wait and hope for a speedy update.

1 Like

This just now happened to me. Looks like YouTube once again updated their filters 2 hours ago (after not doing so for days). I can’t believe YouTube is still going at it, smh.

1 Like

It’ll take time for them to fix. If you need a workaround, just watch YT in a private window, that still works.

1 Like

I’ve cleared the cache of the brave browser and it worked fine after.
Bellow the procedure to do so :
Open Brave Browser and click on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner.
Select ‘Settings’ from the drop-down menu.
Scroll down to the ‘Privacy and Security’ section and click on the ‘Clear browsing data’ option.

1 Like

It worked for now. Thank you. The only issue I have is that ever since I started using Brave (which was around 6 months ago) - I haven’t had any issues with YT. This is the first time.

Update to ``Brave Ad Block Updater - Version: 1.0.3342 (or better)` in brave://components

2 Likes

I have the latest one. Version: 1.0.3344

Working now. Thank you!

After I refreshed the YouTube video, It detected Brave Shields being up as Ad Blockers. I don’t want YouTube stopping my videos.

i’ve “allowed youtube ads” then press refreshed page button, the video plays without showing the that im using ad blocker

tried it on my mobile device but unsure about the same tactic for pc users

spread the words to others if it does work for pc

quick note: doesnt work first try but is possible to bypass the system

Why? No need to. All you’re doing is choosing to disable adblock/Shields for that site. If you want to watch ads, go for it.

But all you need to do is follow instructions given in original post.