Youtube 4K lagging

I was watching YouTube and I always like to play the video at the highest quality possible so I
clicked 4K, it started playing, so I noticed that the visual part of the video started falling
behind but the audio was normal but the visuals were falling so much behind that it like kind of
resets the video but at the same watch time that I was at, it keeps repeating the process that

I’m not experiencing this on other browsers

I’m using brave at version:
Version 1.14.84 Chromium: 85.0.4183.121 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hey @sami,

Could you try disabling Hardware Acceleration? (brave://settings/system > Turn off Hardware Acceleration)

If issue still persists then try disabling all the extensions.

2 Likes

hi @ShineWhine,

hardware acceleration was not enabled and i tried turning all extentions off but it didn’t seem to work Unfortunately

@sami,
Can you try enabling Hardware Acceleration and see if there is any difference in performance? Additionally, do you see this same behavior in other browsers (Chrome, chromium, opera, vivaldi, edge)?

some youtube videos are not 4k, the video itself should have 4k recording inorder to you to watch youutbe in 4k videos. And those youtube videos get more views fast

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.