"Your request is till being processed, please wait." error message, when I try to login

I’ve been using Brave Browser and logging in with my Gemini account on my laptop since last year, but they logged me out today. When I try to log in, I get the problem notice: “Your request is still being processed, please wait.”

try clearing cookies and cache on your browser, update to the latest version of brave and reload the browser. when you do that, see if you get a new pop-up or it allows you to sign in np.

I tried deleting cookies, cache, and updating to the newest version as suggested by you, but it didn’t work. This is the first time I’ve come into a problem like this. What exactly is going on?

did you get a different error message? usually it’s an old cookie that causes the original problem you posted, so clearing them often works

That’s what I expected, given that some of the others are often works. However, in my situation, I had the same error message.

Seriously? Why is my country being banned? If that’s the case, who made the decision to ban my country, is it Gemini? or Brave?

I have same issue all day, I can’t verify my account now.

Hi, from what country are you? I’m from Philippines and I am experiencing the same thing. Are you still having problems?

Philippines is Banned bruhdah :sob: