"You can’t open the application “Brave Browser” because this application is not supported on this Mac."

I’m new to the community, so I’m not sure if I’m posting in the correct forum, but I’m desperately in need of help. I’ve been enjoying brave for some time and then suddenly the icon went gray with the stop sign over it and the below message appears when I click on it.
“You can’t open the application “Brave Browser” because this application is not supported on this Mac.”

Please help!! I don’t want to lose my bookmarks or browsing history.

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Additional Information:

@KatJoyLove ,

Your MacOS version, please. Also . . .

Exact info re your Mac computer model. Select the Apple icon at the upper left of its display, and in the pop-down menu, About This Mac

Need the model, the processor, and the memory . . . BUT NOT the other fields. If you see a “System Report” button, you can click on that, to get the Model Name and Model Identifier.

Thanks.

For starters . . . Quit everything.

On your Mac, go to /Users/username/Library/Application Support/

Therein, is the BraveSoftware folder:

/Users/username/Library/Application Support/BraveSoftware

Drag-copy that BraveSoftware folder to an external drive, for a “just in case” event. Repeat the drag-copy of the folder, to your Mac’s Desktop.

NOTE: In order to drag-copy from one location on your Mac, to another, you must first press and hold down, the Option key . . . and then press and hold down the mouse button (given that, in preparation, you already have positioned the mouse arrow tip – over the BraveSoftware folder icon).

In case you cannot locate the folder, you may need to make the Library folder visible: /Users/username/Library

The Terminal.app is located at /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app

How to use it:

Locate the DiagnosticReports folder, here:

/Users/username/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

Open that folder and look for crash reports that begin with “Brave Browser_” (if any).

Select the latest (Date Modified) “Brave Browser_ . . .” report, and drag-copy that file to your Mac Desktop.

Select the next-to-the-latest (Date Modified) “Brave Browser_ . . .” report, and drag-copy that file to your Mac Desktop.

Brave Support – @Mattches – needs to have those two crash reports.

1 Like

@KatJoyLove,
Can you please confirm what Brave version and what macOS version you’re using at this time?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.