Yahoo Mail does not render properly

For a few months now Yahoo mail does not render properly in Brave and I’m forced to use Chrome to read my emails.

For example here is a Brave view of my inbox, notice how the email TITLES are missing

and here is same view in Chrome with email TITLES showing

Now, here is me trying to compose an email in Yahoo, notice NO FROM, TO or SUBJECT fields are showing, rendering it useless on Brave

Here are some fields showing in Chrome

I LOVE Brave, but it needs to work on webmail for me otherwise I’m starting to use Chrome more and more again.

Pease help experts.

Hi @CK1,

Welcome to community and thanks for writing in! What are your Brave Shield settings for Yahoo mail?

Hi Steeven!

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I get the same issue when I turn off shields completely, just tried it then and get the same problem

Screenshot showing shields off but still unable to compose an email as FROM/TO/SUBJECT fields missing

@CK1,
What OS are you using?
Testing on my end, using default Shields settings on both macOS and Windows 10 systems, Yahoo! mail seems to display as intended:

A few suggestions to try:

1. Can you try right-clicking anywhere on the Yahoo mail page, then going to Brave --> Clear CSS rules for this site, then refresh the page? Same results? Move on to suggest number 2.
  2. Try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings: Settings --> Additional --> System --> Hardware Acceleration. Make sure you relaunch the browser when prompted.
  3. Try clearing your cache/site data for Yahoo! mail, then check again to see if you get the same results. Note that you’ll likely have to re-authenticate into the service. If unclear: you can clear site data by again visiting mail.yahoo.com, click the “lock” icon in the address bar, then Site Settings --> Clear data.

Let me know what you find out.

1 Like

Mattches you’re a GENIUS!

Can you try right-clicking anywhere on the Yahoo mail page, then going to Brave --> Clear CSS rules for this site , then refresh the page? Same results? Move on to suggest number 2.

THIS WORKED! I think a long time ago I wanted to block the specific ad that Yahoo shows at top of inbox and must have set rule to block it. The ad is back but at least the page now works and renders.

1 Like

@CK1,
So glad that worked! That’s actually funny – I also blocked the ad at the top of the inbox right after I created the account! :stuck_out_tongue:

I believe that once we fix our cosmetic filtering implementation, this ad will be “blockable” without any of the negative consequences. Be on the lookout for that.

Enjoy!

1 Like