Yahoo contacts have gone

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. All my contacts have disappeared when using Brave, bu they are still there in other browsers
  2. They were all there yesterday

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Brave is up to date

Version 1.13.82 Chromium: 85.0.4183.83 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Additional Information:

Hi @Martz, Welcome to Community!
Can you tell me how you access Yahoo contacts? i.e. is this via yahoo mail?

1 Like

actually experiencing the same thing right now which is very irritating and inconvenient when you have to send reports to 20 plus recipients.

Funny, had a friend that I recommended Brave to who just called me wanting to know why he can not get to his Yahoo contacts in Brave, yet they are present in Firefox.

Searching for an answer.

I too am experiencing this problem. I can access Yahoo contacts through other Browsers, but not on Brave. Very frustrating. Hope someone can address this issue soon.

Having the same frustrating problem. ?Sure would be nice for someone to give us a fix for this. I have tried everything I can think of. Same thing. Contacts suddenly gone when using Brave browser, but they appear in others. Aargh.

For anyone here experiencing this issue:
Can you check and confirm whether or not this happens on another Chromium based browser (ie Chrome, Opera, Vivaldi, Chromium, etc)? This will help us determine whether or not the issue is rooted in the underlying Chromium code, or if it lies with Brave itself.

Works fine in chrome on mac…

1 Like

Does Shields Up/Down make any difference?

no. Tried allow all cookies, allow all fingerprinting, then turned off shields… all same result… no yahoo contacts

1 Like

Removed a filter causing it. (give it 24-48hrs)

This was a shields issue, I tested by trying to add a contact which generated an error message. (also affecting viewing contacts)

2 Likes

Hi ,
It’s through yahoo mail.

Have just checked, all contacts restored, many thanks.