Yahoo ads covering the article and comments

Description of the issue:
When I go to www.yahoo.com and view any article
on the page the ads on the right side start to float over the article text. Happens when I am about mid way down the article or when I am reading the comments. Happens every time, with the adblocker on or off I get the same results. So far in every version of Brave I’ve used.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. go to www.yahoo.com
  2. click on one of the articles to read
  3. start scrolling down the page and the ads on the right will float over the article text and comments.

Expected result:
ads on the right will float over the article text and comments.
Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 0.68.131 Chromium: 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
I’m on Linux Lubuntu 16.04 64-bit

2019-08-25-190954_1024x712_scrot

@bigguy46,
We had a similar user bring this to our attention previously – can you try turning Shields on, but changing the Device Recognition setting to Allow all... on the site and then try to view an article?

Let me know if you get the same results.

Ok, I tried what you said and it didn’t work. When you click on the article Yahoo opens up the article in a large popup window with an X to the top right corner so you can close it and get back to the front page. In this window is when the ads float on the text. If I go to the article directly without viewing it in a popup the ads don’t float, they stay in place.

Hey, sorry to hear the about the issues; we currently have an issue report here. no ETA yet, but its been logged.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.