Xiaomi Redmi2 - Closes without error

I have a Redmi2 and after opening the app, using it a little bit, it closed. It happened 2 times, 1st when I opened the app and clicked on Facebook logo, later while I was reading a post on Facebook. I tested 4 browsers (Brave was the 4th) and two of them are closing without message, it just closes.

System info:

Device: Xiaomi Redmi2 (1GB version)
Andoird version: 4.4.4 KTU84P
MIUI version: MIUI Global 8.2 Stable 8.2.1.0(KHJMIDL)

If you guys need any other information, let me know.

Hi @Caio0. Could you please let us know did you have the same issue on previous 1.0.16 version? We are going to publish a new update with critical fixes probably tomorrow, you can also try to install it manually https://github.com/brave/browser-android-tabs/releases/download/v1.0.19RC1/Bravearm.apk. Thanks.

I downloaded the apk from the link you provided, but the issue continues. It’s like when you force close an app, but without the message “Force closed [app’s name]”

Do you have exact steps of how to replicate it or it just happens randomly?

Randomly. The same happens with Chrome, but I tested Opera Mini and Apus Browser and they don’t close =/

Are you able to collect the device’s logs with Android Debug Monitor?

I never did it before, so if you teach me, I’ll do it as soon as possible

Hey @Caio0,

To debug your android phone using Android debug monitor, you will need to download android studio first. You can download it from here: https://developer.android.com/studio/index.html

Once you downloaded and installed it. To start Android Device Monitor:

From Android Studio, choose Tools > Android > Android Device Monitor or click the Android Device Monitor in the toolbar.

Next, Connect an Android device to your development computer through a USB cable. Connect Android Device Monitor to the device by selecting it in the Devices tab.

Feel free to get back to us, if you have any question.

Regards,
Swarnava

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.