Wwe network no longer works on brave browser

Description of the issue:

just noticed when i go to the wwe network site the screen is black with no videos showing but when i tried it works on crhome , ive already cleared caches enabled flash ,etc,etc

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

well opening brave browser clicking on https://watch.wwe.com/ = black screen

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
black screen

Expected result:
a working site with playable content

Reproduces how often:
every time
Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Version 1.2.43 Chromium: 79.0.3945.130 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

i know wwe network used to work on brave so i dont know whats changed

Hi @goober,

I’ve visited the site myself and it seems to be working. Can you confirm if you have Scripts blocked in your Shield settings?

1 Like

hi , scripts are not being blocked

sorry if i was not clear i mean when i go to the wwe site it works but when i try to go to the wwe network its a black screen

also both the wwe site and the network work fine on crhome

Would you be able to provide a screenshot that shows the black page and also your Shield settings for that page? If Scripts is not blocked, blocking all cookies may also cause it to go black. You may have to toggle your settings to get the page to load properly.

Looking into this, maybe an issue with a script we’re blocking. I can replicate it here

Disabling Shields, Site-trackers should be a temp fix @goober

thats what im seeing when i try to use the wwe network , the wwe site works just not the network ,i also tried those other changes and even with shields off and trying the cookies on/off same result ,and as i mentioned before the wwe network works fine on crhome , so maybe the issue is brave blocking some elements any way i hope you guys can sort out a fix as i enjoy using the brave browser

Thanks for the report @goober I’ve got a potch under review to fix this

thanks for getting back to me with a fix but i have no idea how to do that how do i white list scripts , yes i am a noob so if at all possible a step by step would help

give it 48hrs, and it’ll be fixed automatically in the browser.

1 Like

thanks for letting me know

sorry i still have the same issue with black screen

Clear your cookies for wwe.com then refresh, also check site trackers. sail-horizon.com shouldn’t be showing up (this was the script causing the issue.

Made another fix, slightly different from the first.

Hopefully this will resolve it

sorry to say after clearing the cookies and refreshing no change and the 1 tracker was https://se.monetate.net/js/2/a-c9147a58/p/wweshop.com/entry.js , also mate how do i apply the fix ?

hi just wondering if brave is any closer to fixing my issue with the wwe network

Just tested this seems okay now? I don’t have a login, but the main page is working well

well i am still seeing black screen ive reset browser to default and i still get black screen turn on and off every setting i can and i still get black screen ive tried every thing i can think of but the second i go to chrome the wwe network works 100% and the screen shot you are showing is from 2013 not 2020 all i am asking is brave still workable with 2020 wwe net work or not ,its yes or no , so im asking is it a wwe network problem or a brave browser problem