Wrong Token in Wallet Has My Money Locked In (URGENT)

Description of the issue:

I am using the new brave wallet. I installed and started using it from the start.

The problem I’m having right now is that the wallet is somehow mixing two different tokens Chainlink (symbol: LINK) and LINK (symbol: LN).

I’ve recently sent 50 LINK from my exchange to my brave wallet without an issue. But once I received it, I noticed that the chart shown inside the wallet is the wrong one. Basically, it’s showing the LN coin which is priced at around $250, instead of LINK which is priced at around $30.

So inside my wallet, my value of LINK is shown as 14k but in reality it’s closer to 1.3k.

My money is essentially locked inside my wallet. I’ve tried to swap to Eth and even though I ended paying the fees it didn’t work. I’ve tried to send my LINK to another wallet, same thing, paid the fees but transfer couldn’t be completed.

How can this issue be reproduced?

To reproduce the issue, I think you just need to send LINK to any brave wallet and it’ll have the same problem.

Brave Version that I’m using: Version 1.32.106 Chromium: 96.0.4664.45 (Official Build) (x86_64)

I’m on a macbook pro running MacOs version 10.15.7 and using Intel chip.

Additional Information:

I’ve included a screenshot of what I’m seeing in my wallet dashboard. Hopefully that will be enough to explain the bug.

@frankking,
Thank you for reporting this – not sure if this is a known issue or not. I’ve reached out to the team for more information and will get back to you as soon as I know more.

@frankking,
Just to update you, it looks like we’ve already submitted a fix for this issue and it should be resolved soon.

Thanks! Really appreciate all the stuff you guys do!

1 Like

Hi there, I’m not aware of a problem with sending Chainlink but the price being wrong we’re working to fix soon. Could you perhaps send the transactions that failed on chain and we can look closer?

Hello Brain,

here’s the transaction that failed: 0x168d8654cd44ee1001c78957e5b96bacbce221efee10ab832165376e43824a47

I ended up paying 0.0456050675499 Ethworth of fees for this situation.

Thank you for taking a look at it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.