Won't play Netflix or Amazon Prime video

I installed the WidevineCdm plugin and Brave Dev still gets a digital rights error. I noticed that Brave deletes the Widevine Content Decryption Module every time it starts. I manually installed it and the same thing happens. I also get an update error in brave://components for WidevineCdm.

I got it to work by installing an older version of Widevine.

Thanks for the report! We appreciate the heads up. I’ll forward this to the appropriate team in case a similar issue springs up for other users.

@Deadhead What OS are you running? Dev build on Windows has a known issue with Widevine signing and is being fixed.

I have Windows 10 1803 64 bit.

Thanks. It will be fixed in future releases. Its a known limitation on Windows now on the dev build. Thanks for reporting

Hi - I am seeing a similar problem on the Mac:

Brave is up to date
Version 0.55.3 Chromium: 70.0.3538.12 (Official Build) dev (64-bit)

The first time I logged into Netflix, it prompted me to install Widevine, but when trying to play video, I get the “Missing component” Error Code: M7701-1003 (https://help.netflix.com/en/node/27451). In chrome://components I see Widevine, but I get an “Update error” if I click on “Update component”.

I manually put in version 1.4.9.1076 and it works on Windows. Try copying a version from another browser and see if it works.

@zzamboni, I think the issue you’re encountering is connected to the one logged here:

We’ve had other users reporting this as well. Given the number of reports and impact of the issue, I imagine this will be addressed with the next update to the build. I can’t guarantee this, however, as priority issues and goals often shift during the development process. I will bookmark this topic and make a note to either reopen it and reply when the issue is resolved or to make a site-wide update.

Thank you for reaching out to us and for your patience. If you have any further questions please feel free to ask. I will be closing this topic shortly, if it is closed before you reply you can open a new topic or message me directly.