Wont let me login to wallet on the browser

I’m on the Brave browser and I click on the “Crypto Wallets” tab and input my password yet nothing happens. any help on this would be appreciated.

thanks

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Additional Information:

@wag,
This is a known issue that the team has already addressed. YOu should see a fix for this pushed into the next browser release. Thank you.

Nope. Still having the issue.

Version 1.2.41 Chromium: 79.0.3945.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)

@krejar,
I actually lied – apparently this had shipped already even before this update. Would you say this issue matches the behavior you’re seeing?

@Mattches ,
Yes, this looks like what I am experiencing.

@krejar,
Thank you for the confirmation. I’ve reached out to some devs for information on why this may still be happening to you.

@krejar,
When you attempt to login, you say that nothing happens – does that include no message indicating that you entered the wrong password?

@Mattches ,

When I go to brave://wallet/, which interestingly enough pastes as chrome://wallet/ when you copy/paste, I am greeted with the following picture:

When I type in my password, the screen just refreshes and does not advance. When I click the Import using account seed phrase, the screen refreshes and does not advance, however the curser expands the password field like it is waiting to be used for the seed phrase. But when I type in the seed phrase, the screen just refreshes and does not advance. I do not get any notification of any kind saying the password is correct or incorrect.

@krejar,
Can you tell me what network is selected at the login screen?

@Mattches ,

Could you direct me how to find that out? The picture I posted is all that shows on the screen, minus the address bar and my bookmarks.

@krejar,
Sorry for the late replies – very busy today.
You should see this on the top-right of the welcome screen:

It doesn’t look like I get that :slight_smile:

Okay. So I completely uninstalled Brave and reinstalled it and used my seed and had to create a new password. Now I am logged in. However, since I have done all of that, I now have to reconfigure Brave to my liking and my BAT is missing.

1 Like

@krejar,
That’s unfortunate – did you backup your wallet before doing that?

1 Like

It won’t let log in with my password when i click on the crypto wallets tab, what am I supposed to do if i cant access that??

this is exactly what is happening to me!

@wag ,

If you read my last post in this thread:

Okay. So I completely uninstalled Brave and reinstalled it and used my seed and had to create a new password. Now I am logged in. However, since I have done all of that, I now have to reconfigure Brave to my liking and my BAT is missing.

I have since reconfigured Brave and my wallet is showing my correct amount of BAT. Sucks that this is what it took to work for me, but now it’s working.

So I need to uninstall and then re-install brave? Is this an issue that is going to re-occur? I’ve already spent way more time on this then I would have ever expected.

@wag,
You can un/reinstall the browser the way @krejar did if you want, but it’s not guaranteed to be a solution or necessary. I’m discussing alternate fixes with the team and would recommend holding off until I have additional input.

1 Like

To note I am also having this issue. I am following this thread to find a solution.