Wondering why coveryourtracks.eff.org says “Partial protection” on one device but on another it says tracking ads and invisible trackers are properly blocked

I installed the very same version of Brave (details below) on two tablets and configured both of them identically, so I expected the same result from coveryourtracks. The one running on Android 10 works fine, i.e. the test results include:

• Blocking tracking ads? Yes
  • Blocking invisible trackers? Yes
  • Protecting you from fingerprinting? ◕ your browser has a randomized fingerprint

(BTW: I get this same result from the desktop version of Brave, running on Linux.)

But the one running on Android 11 yields:

• Blocking tracking ads? Partial protection
  • Blocking invisible trackers? Partial protection
  • Protecting you from fingerprinting? ◕ your browser has a randomized fingerprint

Steps to Reproduce: launch the test at https://coveryourtracks.eff.org/ without the “Test with a real tracking company” option, while blocking of scripts is off.

Android 11; Build/RP1A.200720.012
Brave 1.23.76, Chromium 90.0.4430.93

Maybe another clue: Even though the version of Brave is exactly the same according to the Google Play Store and the “About” screen within Brave, the download size was 53.13MB on Android 10 (downloaded 10 May 2021) but 77.98MB on Android 11 (downloaded 12 May 2021). :astonished:

Also: On the Android 10 device, brave://adblock shows dozens of available “Additional Filters” (but none activated) while on the Android 11 device there are no “Additional Filters”.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.