Woke up and all my BAT was auto-contributed without my doing

I just woke and found all my BAT was auto-contributed without my permission or knowledge to random places. How do I fix this and get my funds back? It was sent to @BravePublishers. I did not turn on auto-contribute. I have been saving that small amount of BAT and it took months to do so…

1 Like

Exactly the same thing just happened to me! Wt…, I never turned on automatic rewarding and it took me forever to get this BAT! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

@emm26 @Bolticus

Thanks for reporting. I’d like to ask a few questions to start:

• Do you have multiple devices linked to your Uphold? If so, how many?
  • Have you disabled Auto-Contribute on your devices? It’s on by default.

Thank you in advance!

I have only one, as on iOS its not working. And I turned off Auto-Contribute a long time ago, if I hadnt done that I wouldnt have had saved over 20 BAT, right? if it was turned on -it was without my knowledge or consent.

HI @emm26 - Can you share a screenshot of your Contributions and Event Log tabs which can be found here brave://rewards-internals/

Thank you in advance!

Multiple devices? Just my macbook and this PC. Both have auto-contribute turned off. I always turn it off after I ever reinstall the browser. In fact, I recently formatted this PC and vividly remember making sure it was off.

@Bolticus - can you DM me the email linked to your account?

Did you get the DM? I don’t mean to be a nuisance (I know you’re probably extremely busy and I feel bad for even bothering you), but this has really taken the fun and enthusiasm I have for the Brave project :frowning: I hope this can actually get fixed. Thanks again for your time.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.