Withholding of earnings and reduction of advertisements displayed by Brave

About 3 months ago I suddenly couldn’t connect to Uphold… My account was “Flagged”…and of course was never told why it was “flagged”. After all, this rule included in the terms of use of the Brave browser allows the developers to “flag” accounts whenever they want and without any apparent reason.

During the three months that my account was flagged, I accumulated about 3 BAT per month. And my concern here is not so much with the value of the merit, but with its principle. Support told me that that earning is not lost during that period, but once my account was released there would be a roll-back on the next payment and I would get all BAT earned in one go on my Uphold account. Which indeed did happen, so there is not much to comment on.

What is VERY CRAZY on the other hand is that my account was blocked the moment I was earning 3 BAT per month. Because in the months before I only earned 1 BAT per month. And how come I suddenly earned 3 BAT per month? … well that is due to the fact that I have changed jobs and work very much from home now. So I spend a lot of time on the internet.

BUT WHAT’S EVEN MORE CRAZY is that since that roll-back payout I haven’t even gotten to 1 BAT a month now, despite the fact that nothing has changed on my end. In other words… how come I suddenly go from 3 BAT per month to not even 1 BAT per month?.. Is Brave deliberately blocking ads? because otherwise I earn too much? Or are they deliberately withholding some revenue from advertising? .

1 Like

You should raise a ticket at

Raising a ticket basically will be an appeal to Brave to reinstate your account and will be at Brave’s discretion to decide whether to reinstate your account or not.

You know what they say about a free product… you are the product. Brave is getting paid millions for the ads and you can thank your lucky stars if you even made a cent out of it. Thousands of Brave users will never get paid even though they have supported Brave for over two years. Brave just turned their back on these loyal supporters and told them they will get nothing.

This whole Brave ads/rewards is one big scam as Brave knows most of the people will never get paid yet they fail to mention this anywhere.

2 Likes

This is the lazy reply I got from Support lol … not much of an answer… since that doesn’t explain why I went from 3 BAT/Month to not even 1 BAT/month lol

“Thank you for reaching out to Brave Support.
Rewards vary based on campaign limits and ad views.
If you are seeing recent ads in your 30 Day Ad History, it is likely working as intended.
Thank you for your understanding.
Brave Support”

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.