Windows10 setup for development

What are the repo’s need to be downloaded and steps followed in setting up the brave browser development in windows 10 ??

1 Like

If by Brave Browser Development you mean, Beta version then you can download it from the link below →

You set it up like the normal/original Brave I guess. I don’t know for sure though cause I don’t use it. Hope this helps. Cheers!

1 Like

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure everything you need to know is over at https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/blob/master/README.md

1 Like

@SmartyAadi thanks for the attempted answer. In this situation, it’s under Contributing. Brave is open source and people with a lot of technical experience all will check out code and contribute in various ways to make Brave better.

From what I’m seeing, this is what sadam_M was wanting to do. In order to do that, they need tools, which are stored in repositories (repos). All of that is discussed in the link I provided in my prior comment.

While on that though, if you ever get curious about the things Brave is working on, you check that out at https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/projects?type=classic

As you click on the various projects, you can then see cards which detail ever little thing they do. Also, toward the top left, you’ll see a tab called Issues. You’ll see there’s over 5,000 issues reported and they are working on. There’s a LOT of things to do and it’s neat how Brave is able to let us kind of see “behind the scenes” to know just what they are working on and what’s going on with the browser, rewards, and other things in general.

1 Like

A Brave Community topic that may help.

2 Likes

Oh okay, Thanks for the info. I actually didn’t know what he meant and hence the confusion. Thanks for sorting this out. You’re a great help at the Brave Community! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Saoiray. You are correct I’m currently doing the setup in local for your brave contribution. I need that only.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply

1 Like

Thanks for your quick reply Aadi

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.