Windows 11 crashing when opening Brave

Description of the issue: Sometimes when I open brave Windows 11 will instantly crash giving me the same error each time KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. be on windows 11
  2. Open brave
  3. Doesnt happen all the time but sometimes will crash

Expected result: Brave opens fine and no bsod (or gsod if you’re on windows 11 Insider)

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.30.89 Chromium: 94.0.4606.81 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information: It doesnt happen all the time But sometimes when I open it and its always happened while on a discord call screensharing it will just crash my pc I am on windows 11 and I do feel like that is related, I’m also an insider but its the same build you install when installing on windows 11

@ColRealPro,
Thank you for reporting this. Do you know if you have automatic crash reporting enabled in Brave? You can find out by going to Settings --> Privacy & Security --> Hep improve Brave's performance.

Either way, can you please go to brave://crashes and:

1. If Crash reporting was not enabled, use the option on this page to send any crashes listed here manually
  2. If it was enabled or after you’ve manually sent the report, can you please reply here with the crash report ID listed on the page?

I do not have a crash report from it I only have ones from when I killed the task in task manager

It hasn’t been happening recently though so I believe it was a windows 11 problem, after an update it stopped doing this

1 Like

@ColRealPro,
I’m glad to hear that – I’m going to leave this thread open though just in case the issue reappears. If so please let us know so we can take a closer look at it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.