Windows 10 will not offer or allow me to set Brave as my default browser

I’ve just downloaded Brave on my HP Spectre laptop, running Windows 10 Home, version 1803
I am not able to set Brave as my default browser. When attempting to change the setting I am not offered the option of selecting Brave.
I have followed the guidance referred to on this forum but have not been successful. I have the latest version of Brave and have checked for any updates.
Please can anyone help?

Did you download the Developer/Beta builds? Or the currently live release version (v0.24.0)?
If you went to this page to download, you should have the latter option.

Hello,

I have the live release version,

This is what I copied from the "About Brave" tab in the browser,

Brave: 0.24.0

V8: 6.9.427.23

rev: f657f15bf7e0e0c50a2b854c6b05edb59bfc556c

Muon: 8.1.6

OS Release: 10.0.17134

Update Channel: Release

OS Architecture: x64

OS Platform: Microsoft Windows

Node.js: 7.9.0

Brave Sync: v1.4.2

libchromiumcontent: 69.0.3497.100

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

Stuart

I’m seeing all available browsers (including Brave live release) when attempting to change my default browser in Windows 10:

After installing, did you move any Brave related files from where they were originally stored?
Additionally, were you aware of the Brave Beta release? If not, I’d highly recommend hoping over to the Beta build. Less bugs, more functionality, support for extensions - overall a much more polished version of our browser.

Hello,

I'll try the beta release and see if that changes things for me.

Thanks for the advice so far.

Cheers,

Stuart

Sorted!!
I’ve just installed the Beta Release as suggested and Windows has allowed me to set that as my default browser. Still no option to set the other release, no problem for me becauase I like the look of the beta release,
Thanks very much for your help.
Cheers,

1 Like

You’re very welcome! Make sure you check out (and post in) Beta Builds here in Community for additional support:
https://community.brave.com/c/beta-builds