Windows 10 - turn off suggestions

When loading Brave in Windows 10, a suggestion is displayed in the lower right portion of the screen. They look to be intentional and helpful such as, for example, if I wanted to know more about coffee, etc… The follow up action, I believe, is to click on the suggestion which would lead a person to use Brave for various random searches.

I wish to turn these notifications off. But they appear to be a built-in as-intended function of the Brave browser. Can a user suppress these random messages? If not, when they become more irritating for me, I tend to use Edge alongside or instead of Brave.

Brave Version 0.68.131 Chromium: 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

It looks like you might be talking about Brave ads—they pop up through Windows notifications. If you want to turn them off you can go to brave://rewards/ and turn ads off. However, clicking on these is what gets you BAT.

1 Like

@AustinWiseguy It has taken me a few days to figure it out, but those notifications are the advertisements that earn you BAT just like Mason said.

@AustinWiseguy,
More information on Brave’s privacy preserving ads can be found here:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.