Description of the issue:
Brave crashes upon opening after 5 seconds. Reinstalling and restarting did not resolve the issue.
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
- Downloaded and Installed Brave
- Made Brave the default browser
- Restored BAT Wallet via backup code and started Sync transfer.
- Wallet was restored, but bookmarks and other items via Brave Sync did not transfer over, and the browser crashed.
- Reopening Brave constantly closes itself after ~5 seconds of being opened.
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Browser crashes instantly when opening, so I could not provide much more information in this regard, apologies,
Being able to reset all settings through Brave and otherwise reset, and reinstall Brave completely.
Reproduces how often:
Every time upon opening the browser.
Operating System and Brave Version(See the
About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10 Home vers. 1809, 64-bit system
Brave constantly crashes, but it was installed from “BraveBrowserSetup-MIE728”
MSI GE63 Raider RBG 8SF
Intel i7-8750H with Geforce RTX 2070
I attempted to close tabs before it closes itself, but when I open the browser again, the tabs remained unchanged.
Additionally, I had attempted to transfer my data via Brave Sync from my Mac device to this Windows device.