Will Brave make browsing faster on windows 7?

I have an old pc and I am using windows 7.
I was using Google Chrome before and when I would use Google Meet there would be heavy load on the pc. The connection would also be unstable. My browsing experience would be slow all the time.

Will Brave change this?

1 Like

I’ve been using Brave on Windows 7 for months and can’t say I’ve ever experienced any performance issues.

Brave blocks ads & trackers out of the box which improves users’ browsing experience, but it also depends on your computer’s spec. I’m currently on a HP Compaq Presario CQ62 with 8 GB of RAM and don’t have any performance issues.

1 Like

I also use a HP PC with 6 GB Ram
Hoping that the performance will be smooth :+1:t2:

1 Like

It should be. If you run into any issues, feel free to open a thread in the Desktop Support category so someone could take a look.

There is a Hardware Acceleration feature in Brave that can be a double-edged sword. It either works normally and you don’t notice any issues, or it screws up Brave’s performance. So after you set up Brave you might like to test browser’s performance with the feature enabled and then disabled, to decide whether you would like to use it.

The feature can be found via brave://settings/systemUse hardware acceleration when available.

P.S I just remembered I used Brave for some time on my old PC which had only 2 GB of RAM, and Brave was performing without any issues.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.