Widevinecdm PROBLEM! TOO HARD TO SOLVE!

im using window 10. I’ve checked “brave://components” and the Widevine Content Decryption Module - Version: 4.10.1440.18 does show up, it’s means i installed it when visiting netflix before. I click the Update button but nothing happen, and the Netflix still show error screen for missing widevinecdm :cry:

I’m having the exact same issue: can’t play something on Amazon Prime because I’m missing the Widevine cdm, and there is no puzzle icon. Also checked my brave://components and in my case it’s not even there; I recall being asked for it when I first started using Brave a few days ago, but I ignored it because I didn’t know why it was asking to install Widevine for a different, non-cdm site. I just can’t figure out how to fix this, though not for lack of trying. Deets:

Brave Version 0.69.132 Chromium: 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6 (18G95)

I love Brave and really want to use it exclusively, but darn I wanna watch that LCD Soundsystem show right now (8:24am on a Friday)! :joy:

1 Like

I have also run into the WidevineCdm problem with both Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. Amazon says that I am missing a required “DRM component.”

When I search the Chrome extension store for WidevineCdm no extension is available.

Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6
Brave Version 0.69.135 Chromium: 77.0.3865.120 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

Bro, seems like there’s no solution for our problem

Hey Brave admins: PLEASE HELP!

In Brave setting find Extensions>WideVine and enable “Ask when site wants to install widevine on your computer”

3 Likes

This option was turned on when i checked. I toggled it off and and on, restarted browser but i still don’t get the option to install Windevinecdm when i go to netflix. Any other suggestions?

@Akorita,
What OS are you using?

Hello. I’m using MacOS Catalina 10.15.1

Brave Version 1.0.1 Chromium: 78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hello guys
I think i solved the problem. You should turn on java script and flash on website you want to be. After that the asking about DRM should appear.
:slight_smile:

@hehe123 – Not sure I’ve ever heard of this particular solution but I’d give it a shot, @Akorita. Can you test and confirm whether or not it works for you?

@hehe123 @Mattches. Alas, still no luck. thanks for trying to help solve the problem though guys.

@Akorita,
I think that this issue is captured here and is being worked on presently:

Brave Browser Version: 1.1.20 Chromium: 79.0.3945.74 (Official Build) (64-bit)
OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

When i open hulu or netflix in Brave. I am prompted for the first time to allow WideVineCDM and i choose allow. I am not prompted to install the plug-in. There is no “puzzle piece” at the top of the browser. I feel like I have exhausted all the steps in this thread and still do not havea fix yet. I even tried opening a guest profile and was prompted a second time to allow the CDM, which I did. CDM is set to “Ask when site wants to install widevine on your computer” in my settings. If I open components it’s not on the list to “check for updates” implying that it is not installed.

Please send help.

Go to settings
Click “Extensions”
Toggle “Widevine - Ask when a site wants to install Widevine on your computer.” to on.
Close brave browser and reopen it.

Hi
I resolve this Problem Changing the " Site Settings" of the Page and Allow the “Java Script” Component. Then Reload the Page. I Try with Amazon Prime Video and this worked

Nothing listed here works… this is crap!

It is already set to allow the extension. Toggled, closed and relaunched and still not working.

I fixed it by switching user profiles and relaunching the site. Which is ridiculous but it now works on all profiles.

i’ve tried all the above and managed to get the prompt to install Widevine but then it loops and installs and restarts Brave in a loop.

After checking if its not installed anyways, i found libwidevinecdm.so in several locations, in spotify and brave folders, but it did not appear in Brave//components,

Maybe i should bang it in there and see what it does, also i’m gonna check out the git pages because i seem to be close…but maybe not close enough… :crazy_face:

i use Brave [Version 1.2.43 Chromium: 79.0.3945.130 (Official Build) (64-bit)] on Linux/Debian/8.11 ; i should upgrade also to Debian 10, might help… I like Brave its slick, but nothing is perfect :slight_smile: