Widevine Installation Prompt Cuts Off On Small Screens

Description of the issue: When a site prompts me to install Widevine, if the notification is taller than the screen, the option to accept the installation is cut off and cannot be scrolled to, even by adjusting zoom.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. On a device with a small screen, set up Brave to use a larger font size (Increasing system or browser font size may work. You may also just be able to replicate this by making the browser window itself smaller.)
  2. Without having the Widevine extension installed, and with the installation prompt enabled, load up a site which uses Widevine.
  3. Observe the prompt.

Expected result:
The entire prompt should be available, with a scrollbar if necessary.

Brave Version( check About Brave): Version 1.11.104 Chromium: 84.0.4147.105 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information: I’m using Ubuntu. I can provide my exact screen size, resolution and font size if it will help, but I think increasing the font size should make it reasonably straightforward to reproduce.

@UniqueUsername,
Do you by chance have a screenshot of the prompt displaying like this?

Ahh, no, I was able to get the button to just display by going fullscreen and have already installed it. I should have taken one but the page I was on had some of my account information near the prompt and it was an awkward crop. Sorry :frowning:

That’s okay – I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I’ll see if I can reproduce this issue on my end and forward the info to the appropriate team.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.