Why the reward for every ad is reduced from 0.1 BAT to 0.01?

Why the reward for every ad is reduced from 0.1 BAT to 0.01 ? bug ?

4 Likes

I have the same question, when bat value is not that high to make any changes on ads side.

3 Likes

At least you are getting ads and .01BAT! I got 15 ads then nothing since.

1 Like

reinstall the browser…

2 Likes

Hi @tmancey, any info on this? Was this an intentional change or another bug?

1 Like

Hi, what version of the browser are you using please?

2 Likes

Ads have different values and different ad types have different values. i.e. You may be seeing sponsored images which are worth less that regular ad notifications. The system is working as expected. thank you.

However, if you are not seeing ad notifications please make sure you are using 1.18.75 or above for release channel.

1 Like

weird cause all the notification ads i got today were 0.01BAT while earlier it was most of the time 0.1BAT. ill try restarting my computer and see

1 Like

I see where you are coming from, ads work perfectly. But the problem is different ads give the same value of BAT. For example:

Before the upgrade ProtonMail and ProtonVPN would give me 0.100 BAT. Now it only gives me 0.10 BAT. I wonder why.

2 Likes

I don’t think so :wink:

1 Like

If it is true I just confirmed that the ads that days ago gave you 0.1bat now give you 0.01bat who now gets the 0.90 of that ad?

2 Likes

Values change depending on many factors. Where are you located please? Thanks

1 Like

Turkey and these ads used to give me 0.100 bat before the upgrade. I sometimes use VPN though. I don’t think it has to do anything with that. Many users from different locations have reported the same issue as you can see from recent threads.

1 Like

If the advertiser paid for their ad to give us a profit of 0.1bat because now it gives 0.01bat if the campaign has not finished yet, can the administration clarify this? Please

1 Like

With the Ledger nano ads, until two days ago 0.1bat was obtained, now 0.01 bat. I just saw it on my mobile device updated to its latest stable version. if you want I can publish the captures

2 Likes

Can they make changes to the campaign from one day to the next without ending the month or the contract? Can you check the ledger nano and pronton vpn campaign to see if it’s a problem? please

2 Likes

because you using vpn fake ip for viewing ads dude . keep calm and know what you did :’)

2 Likes

The daily ad limit is same for everyone. I get ads whether I use VPN or not. The reason I use VPN mostly is because Turkey blocks some websites and it is essential for me to visit certain sites. It’s not against brave rules anyways. I use VPN within Brave extensions.

2 Likes

Location - INDIA…

2 Likes

That’s the same thing dude

Yeah, and you probably are receiving a lot more ads that what you would receive without the vpn.
https://brave.com/transparency/

besides, we are not supposed to use VPN while opting to brave rewards, I read it from one of the brave team some months ago, but I can’t find the post.

Respecting the reduced value of the ads, I don’t know, for the last 3 days I have barely used my pc so I haven’t noticed the change.

1 Like